Sunday, March 30, 2014

Using Disease to Manipulate?

What I'm about to share with you will blow your mind ... or maybe not. 

I was listening to Super Soul Sunday this afternoon. The discussion got around to addictions, like sex, food and drugs, and how addictions can even be used to gain power over another. 

I thought: hmmm ... addictions are destructive to the person addictive but, yes, I guess it makes sense it would be destructive to anyone around them too.

To clarify this, guidance suggested that there are those who can become addicted to their disease (pain/suffering) using it to control others to gain sympathy or support. By doing this, they are able to manipulate another's emotions.

The emotions I received, from some examples I was given, were eye opening, because I remember seeing people, throughout my life, that did manipulate people by using their disease.

However, it made me wonder if the disease was brought about because of some need to manipulate or punish someone, but without the awareness of the diseased, per se. Could this disease have a deeper meaning? Would the need to manipulate another or others also have a deeper meaning?

The reason I decided to write this blog was to share something that happened to me ... to teach a lesson to another. Guidance just reminded me of this a moment ago and asked me to share.

I had many issues with my health throughout my life and did my best to suck it up ... not let it control me. Just another day in the life of me. However, after "awakening," I was shown that many of my experiences were inflicted to help me in ways I was not aware of ... to help me help others in the future ... including this particular incident.

Out of the blue, one night, I felt as if I was getting a UTI (urinary tract infection). I've had them before, so I called my doctor's answering service. The doctor called back and after I explained what was going on, he prescribed medication but not the normal prescription, which could have created what happened later.

At this point, I was feeling uncomfortable enough to ask my husband (my husband at the time, he's my ex now) to run to the drug store for me. He declined because he didn't feel up to it. Being the person I am, I grumbled but felt ok enough to go and pick it up myself ... no other choice. Even though the symptoms were still minor, I was obviously concerned. I returned home and took the prescribed dosage, got our preteen daughters in bed and went to bed myself. Still not feeling my best but nothing bad ... until I woke up at 3 am with blood in my urine.

By this time, I was hurting and woke up my husband to take me to the hospital. I made arrangements with my neighbor to watch our girls and took off.

Within an hour it had gone from bad to worse. Never in my life before or after had I ever had this happen with such severity. I was finally given medicine and stabilized enough to go home. I was quite shaken from the experience.
Now, here's what blew my mind and why I felt compelled to share my story. I was told by my original guide, after awakening and years later from this event, that anger, in those around me ... out there ... from what they felt was my husband's constant neglect of my welfare ... created this as a punishment to him.

I said ... what? I was being diseased to create empathy in another? Are you crazy?!

Very seriously stated ... no, we  (meaning those like him) are not crazy and it worked. You were an instrument in another's learning. You were protected even if you think you weren't. Many times things were done to you to keep you on your path.

I just shook my head in disbelief.

Now, back to disease addictions to manipulate. This gave an entirely different point of view on disease and manipulations. This gave me an entirely different outlook on why things happen and purposes behind them.

Of course, my question was: did my soul approve of this before coming here?

No. You may have suspected but if we told you, would you have  allowed it?

No ... I wouldn't.

That's why you didn't know.

Hmmm ...

Now I understand that disease, addictions, control, or manipulations may be utilized for many reasons ... in answering another's prayers ... in getting a point made. I understand their reasons (I think) but I'm still not happy about it, which is probably why I feel I've been a guinea pig to the universe in many life's lessons to me or another. 

I don't question the validity of this, after all I've been through, and the things I've heard from others, I'm only hoping they leave me out of their equations. I feel I've paid my dues ... to whomever ... more than paid my dues.

And we thought strange things only occurred in the movies.

Right!

No comments:

Post a Comment