Monday, March 31, 2014

Nature: Taking The Good With The Bad

I used to live in California and after experiencing one earthquake tremor, I decided to move back to Florida where I felt I could run faster from a hurricane. I lived through one already and even with the streets flooding it was okay.

Within a couple of years of moving back in 1968, I soon discovered that Florida had tornados ... not as bad as some areas but still destructive when they touched down. Jeez! Tornadoes too?

Then, on October 27, 1973 while watching TV, I felt a tremor that I was later to discover was an earthquake ... not as bad as some areas of the world ... quite miner compared to those ... but still ... an earthquake in Florida. Jeez! Yep! Been recorded since the 1700's. (see link)
All I can say is: I'm thankful we don't have mountains or we could be dealing with landslides. I'm thankful for no ice storms. I'm thankful we don't have volcanoes because ... well you understand. ;)

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/states/florida/florida_eq_history.php

No comments:

Post a Comment